True: homeowners shop us constantly, but there’s something for everyone at Valu…including you, renter! Find a list of 10 renter essentials that we carry below.
Don’t have space for a grill? No problem.
1. Casus grills are small, effective and disposable. Better yet, they’re biodegradable, so you can rest easy while grillin’ and chillin’. Outdoor use only.
They charge how much for an unfilled nail hole?! Outrageous.
2. Use Command strips to leave your apartment walls undamaged. Hang posters, picture frames, mirrors and more. Be sure to compare the weight of what you’re hanging to the weight limit of the strip/hook.
Need to use a nail? Sometimes it’s the best option. Pick up some 222 spackle by UGL to fill holes when you move out or make touch-ups to already existing damage.
Vertical organization is key.
3. Small apartments call for serious organization. Stack up with vertical storage units by Sauder, Sterilite or Closetmaid. Bookshelves, cubies, stand-alone shelves, tv stands – you name it – you’ll make Marie Kondo proud #welovemess
Messes happen. Clean them up with the right tools!
4. When you move out, you know what that comes with. Cleaning. Leave your apartment mess-free and pick up the cleaning supplies you’ll need to get that security deposit back! We sell products from top brands like Windex, Libman, Mr. Clean and more.
It’s (your apartment) lit.
5. Browse our collection of Philips LED light bulbs – save on energy costs and set the mood of your space by choosing the right warmth/temperature of light. See our new selection of industrial modern edison bulbs.
It’s all in the details.
6. An easy glo-up for existing cabinets and storage units: change out the handles or knobs for an instant upgrade! Find styles and finishes by Laurey.
Let your roomies in!
7. Need to make a copy of your apartment keys? We can help with that. Pick up a new keychain while you’re at it, or colored key covers by Hillman.
8. Rent a carpet cleaner to clean apartment rugs before you start living on them – OR clean up spills/messes before you move out.
9. Avoid scratching hard surfaces with furniture pads that make moving smooth and easy. Ask for SuperSliders when you visit the store!
Cool off, warm up.
10. Live in a space without central air? Cool off with a new fan or window fan. For the colder months, warm up with a space heater!
There you have it. Just 10 items here, but surely you’ll find more renter-friendly items at your local Valu!