Valu Home Centers has been proudly serving the do-it-yourselfer since 1968. With 41 stores and nearly 900 employees in Western and Central New York, and Northwestern Pennsylvania, Valu provides its customers with the perfect alternative to the large, warehouse home improvement stores.
With customer service our #1 priority, Valu has carved-out a niche in the competitive atmosphere of the retail home improvement market. By providing the do-it-yourselfer well-stocked, medium sized stores, with sharp pricing and great customer service, we feel we can continue to grow and thrive.
At Valu Home Centers, we are also proud of our hands-on involvement in the community. As a successful business in the community, we feel it is our responsibility to give back to the people of the cities and towns where our stores are located.
Pictured here are the Valu Home Centers founders (left to right) Michael Ervolina Sr., Michael Amico, James Arena, Dr. Joseph Amico, and Michael Arena.
Our Core Values
- Strong Focus on Customer Service
- Commitment to Community
- Leadership Training and Development
- Easily Accessible Neighborhood Stores
- Out of the Box Shopping Experience
- Knowledgeable and Friendly Associates
Habitat For Humanity - Habitat builds and repairs houses using volunteer labor and donations. The partner families purchase these houses through no-profit, no-interest mortgage loans or innovative financing methods.
Kids Escaping Drugs - Raise, manage, and distribute funds for the development and support of facilites, community education, and advocacy programs for adolescents and their families in Western New York suffering from alcohol and drug dependency/addiction.
The Make A Wish Foundation grants the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy.
The Salvation Army offers recreational, spiritual, educational, and social programs to assist those in need. Their programs are open to people of all ages and are focused on building character, confidence, and capacity for excellence within under-served communities.
Valu Crew: Knowledge in action through service to our community.
Since the first Valu Home Center was opened in 1968, we have been committed to giving back to the communities that we serve. We are proud of our hands-on involvement in the community, and we feel it is our responsibility to give back to the people of the cities and towns where our stores are located.
Valu Crew enables any member of the Valu Home Centers team to take an active role in bettering our community, and to amaze our customers with our hard work and dedication.
- Community Partner of the Year - Presented to Valu Home Centers by Kids Escaping Drugs
- Community Partner of the Year -Presented to Valu Home Centers by Chemung County Habitat for Humanity
- Serving New York - Presented to Valu Home Centers by New York State Broadcasters Association
- Finalist - Buffalo Business First Best Places To Work
- Habitat for Humanity Award for Corporate Partnership - Valu Home Centers raised over $3 million
- Cure' of Ars Award - Presented by The Diocese of Buffalo & Christ the King Seminary to the Amico, Arena, & Ervolina families
- Outstanding Philanthropic Corporation - Presented to Valu Home Centers by the WNY Association of Fundraising Professionals
- Retail Innovator of the Year Award - Presented to Valu Home Centers by Hardware Retailing Magazine
- Corporate Citizen Award - Presented to Valu Home Centers by The Salvation Army
- Lifetime Corporate Partnership Award - Presented to Valu Home Centers by Habitat for Humanity
- Hall of Fame Corporate Partner - Presented to Valu Home Centers by Kids Escaping Drugs
- Business of the Year Award - Presented to Valu Home Centers by the Lackawanna Area Chamber of Commerce
- Golden Hammer Award - Presented to Valu Home Centers by Habitat for Humanity
- Salvation Army Corporate Citizenship Award - Presented to Valu Home Centers for our fundraising efforts
Q. Where is Valu Home Centers corporate Office located?
A. Our office is located in Buffalo, NY: 45 South Rossler Avenue, Buffalo, NY 142106
Q. Is Valu Home Centers a publicly traded company?
A. No. Valu is a family owned business.
Q. What year was Valu Home Centers founded
A. Val Home Centers opened in 1968
Q. How many locations does Valu Home Centers have?
A. Valu Home Centers has 41 locations in Western and Central New York, and Northwest Pennsylvania
Q. How can I apply for a position at Valu Home Centers?
A. Please visit one of our stores, or apply online HERE
Q. What is Valu Home Centers Mission Statement?
A. Valu Home Centers is a family owned, community focused organization which stands behind a long tradition of “GREAT” customer service. We strive to exceed customer expectations with knowledgeable and friendly associates, convenient locations and competitive prices. We set out to provide that “out of the box” shopping experience, building relationships one project at a time.
Q. What community organizations does Valu Home Centers support?
A. Valu Home Centers annually donates significant amounts of money to numerous charitable causes and non-profit organizations, throughout Western and Central New York and Northwest Pennsylvania. We participate in major fundraisers with Habitat for Humanity, Kids Escaping Drugs, The Salvation Army, and Make-A-Wish. Our Board of Directors has also approved annual donations to: Diocese of Buffalo, Catholic Charities, the March of Dimes, United Way, the local police and fire departments in the communities in which our stores do business and many other needy groups.
Q. What is Valu Home Centers return and exchange policy?
A. Items must be returned in original packaging. Refunds will be given within 90 days of the original purchase date. Refunds will be based upon original methods of payment. Refunds for items purchased by check will require ten (10) business days to clear. Without a receipt, refunds may be given in the form of exchange or merchandise credit, for the item’s lowest promotion price. Identification will be required to grant a full refund for merchandise without a receipt. We reserve the right to limit or decline any refund. Please see your local Valu Home Centers for details.
Q. Who is the contact at Valu Home Centers for donation or press requests?
A. Please reach out to our Senior Vice President of Marketing & E-Commerce, Douglas Wasiura. Mail: 45 South Rossler Avenue Buffalo, NY 14206 Phone: (716) 825-7377 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Q. Valu Home Centers has space for lease in various locations. How can I find out more information?
A. Please visit our leasing website at www.valuproperties.com, or contact our Property Manager, Bob Carncross. Mail: 45 South Rossler Avenue Buffalo, NY 14206 Phone: (716) 825-7377 Email: email@example.com