Painting doesn’t have to be painful; here are ten simple tricks to make your job easier.
1) Use a lint roller to get rid of fuzz on your roller, and stop it from getting in your paint.
2) Cut out the side of a milk jug and use it as a paint holder.
3) Put Vasoline or chapstick on any spot you don’t want painted, like screws or hinges. Once your paint is dry, just wipe with a paper towel and it’ll come right off! This is great for spray paint, too.
4) If you want to save a paint roller, use a zip-lock bag and put it in a Pringles can.
5) If you hate dealing with paint fumes, add a tablespoon of vanilla extract and mix. It’ll cancel out the stench, and leave your house smelling amazing!
6) If you’re painting metal, use a sponge to wipe it down with vinegar first. This will stop the paint from cracking.
7) If you’re taking a break or waiting for paint to dry, wrap your brush in a plastic bag to keep it from hardening.
8) To prevent splatters, use a rubber band to wipe off excess paint.
9) Soak caked up paint brushes in hot vinegar for 30 minutes, then wash with hot, soapy water. Good as new!
10) Tape cardboard to the corners of a plastic drop cloth, making it super easy to fold.